JOB TITLE: Video Editor
OVERVIEW: Shareblue Media seeks a politically savvy, enterprising Video Editor. This is an ideal role for someone interested in advancing the progressive cause through powerful, compelling, and professional videos across Shareblue Media’s platforms.
ABOUT US: Shareblue Media is an American media company. We produce practical, factual content to delegitimize Trump’s presidency, embolden the opposition, and empower the majority of Americans to fight.
- Monitors breaking news and key political events to identify rapid response short-form and longer-form video concepts
- Takes initiative to propose new ideas every day, in real time
- Watches cable news programming; clips and edits video for editors and writers
- Coordinates closely with content team to identify priorities of the day—staying in nonstop communication to ensure alignment
- Researches transcripts and existing footage to identify compelling material for video products
- Edits each piece of content with precision and careful understanding of the underlying narrative it is advancing
- Must be able to edit audio and video on Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro
- Must have proficiency with TVEyes
- Must have experience creating images in Adobe Photoshop
- Politically savvy, aware, and engaged
- Successful track record working in an intense, deadline-driven environment
- Capable of managing multiple priorities simultaneously. Able to adjust priorities and/or story focus quickly as the news shifts
- Organized, detail-oriented, and obsessed with executing, even in the face of obstacles
- Communicative, engaged, and eager to take initiative at every stage of the process
We are most interested in these qualities, but anticipate candidates will have a minimum of five years’ experience working as a video producer and/or editor in a multi-platform political or advocacy environment.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com