JOB TITLE: Writer / Reporter
OVERVIEW: Shareblue Media is seeking experienced writers to join our content team. Ideal candidates will have both political expertise and refined research and editorial skills.
ABOUT US: Shareblue Media is an American media company. We produce practical, factual content to delegitimize Trump’s presidency, embolden the opposition, and empower the majority of Americans to fight.
- Create original reporting and new analysis.
- Track political news developments in real time. Consume news voraciously.
- Pitch new ideas and angles throughout the day.
- Conduct thorough research to support every piece of content you write.
- Fact-check every piece of content you write.
- Ensure every piece of content you submit aligns with Shareblue Media editorial guidelines, which embrace a conversational tone, factual precision, and impeccable grammar and punctuation.
- Maintain a wide network of sources within American politics and progressive issue advocacy.
- Promote content via social channels and other professional connections.
- Collaborate with other content team members as needed.
- A critical, seasoned editorial eye.
- Politically savvy, aware, and engaged.
- A competitive streak — you delight in finding scoops and breaking news.
- Communicative, engaged, and eager to take initiative at every stage of the process.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities simultaneously. Able to adjust priorities and/or story focus quickly as the news shifts.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and obsessed with executing, even in the face of obstacles.
We are most interested in these qualities, but anticipate candidates will have a minimum of three years’ experience working as a writer or reporter in a multi-platform political or advocacy environment. Don’t let location deter you from applying; the successful candidate may work remotely.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org