Dick's Sporting Goods is pulling military-style rifles from its shelves.

Activists seeking an end to the proliferation of military-style weapons scored a major victory on Wednesday, as Dick’s Sporting Goods announced they would no longer be carried in their stores.

As CNN reports, the company had already dropped carbines with military-style appearances, like the AR-15, from its Dick’s branded stores in 2013. However, it still sold them in its Field & Stream hunting stores. The chain also still sold high-capacity magazines and other accessories that could make the weapons more lethal.

Now, none of its stores will carry either the rifles or accessories. And while Dick’s will still carry other kinds of guns, it will raise the minimum age of purchase to 21.

“Thoughts and prayers are not enough,” said Dick’s in a written statement announcing the decision.

The Parkland shooter, Nikolas Cruz, reportedly bought a shotgun at Dick’s. He did not buy the weapon used in the shooting there, but the company still wanted to act.

“We felt we really needed to do something,” said Dick’s CEO Edward Stack on “Good Morning America.” “We’ve decided not to sell these assault weapons any longer.”

Stack added that the company sold Cruz a gun “by the book.” He said he hopes Congress will now take action to put policies like his into law.

“We’re staunch supporters of the Second Amendment. I’m a gun owner myself,” said Stack. “But we’ve just decided that, based on what’s happened, and with these guns, we don’t want to be a part of this story.”

This move follows a successful boycott of the National Rifle Association’s business partners, which led to numerous companies dumping the gun lobby.

Little by little, the tide is turning. People want their communities and their children to be safe. And responsible companies are heeding the call.