JOB TITLE: National Political Writer
OVERVIEW: Shareblue Media is seeking a political writer to join its growing team for coverage of the 2018 midterm elections, including Senate, House, and local state races. The ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience writing for an online publication in a fast-paced news environment, with a solid understanding of national politics and the ability to write quickly, concisely, and accurately through a progressive lens.
ABOUT US: Shareblue Media is an American media company. We tell real-world stories to give voice to the heroes fighting for American values. We are a rapidly growing community — reaching over 140 million people per month across platforms — that is optimistic, honest, and unafraid.
- Pitch and write multiple articles a day about national and state politics, with a focus on electoral news
- Track and cover breaking news stories
- Read, watch, consume, and stay up to date on political news
- Exceptional writing skills
- Excellent news judgment and the ability to frame a widely covered story in a unique way
- Insatiable appetite for political news and knowledge of national politics
- Rigorous commitment to facts and accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced news environment under very tight deadlines
- Ability to work remotely in a virtual workspace
- At least one year of experience writing for an online publication
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, send a resume, a cover letter, and links to three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org