Last Updated: September 7, 2016
Collection of Information
- Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you sign up for our newsletter, fill out a form, participate in a survey, poll, contest or promotion, sign a petition, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other information you choose to provide.
- Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Sites
When you access or use our Sites, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Sites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Sites.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Sites, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Sites and your experience, see which areas and features of our Sites are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Sites or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Sites. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to identity verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers and publicly available sources.
- Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Sites;
- Provide and deliver the news, information, alerts, products and services you request and process any related transactions,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by True Blue Media and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you, such as to keep you informed about various campaigns, candidates, issue, and events;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Sites;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of True Blue Media and others;
- Personalize and improve the Sites and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Help solicit volunteers, donations, and support for issues, candidates, events and organizations we support;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
True Blue Media is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Sites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
- Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of True Blue Media or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, reorganization, asset sale, acquisition of all or a portion of the business, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where information about you may be disclosed, shared or transferred as one of the assets of True Blue Media (including any sale, exchange or other sharing of information to a third party for such third party’s own marketing purposes, unless you opt out of such sharing as set forth below); and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Sites that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
- Social Sharing Features
The Sites may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Sites with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
- Online Petitions
If you sign an online petition, you understand that such petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided in connection therewith publicly available. In addition, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, or to the press.
- Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
True Blue Media takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Sites. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit
- for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Sites.
- Promotional Communications
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from True Blue Media by following the instructions in those emails or text messages or by emailing us at email@example.com with the word “remove” in the subject line. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
- Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
- Opt Out of Sharing With Third Parties
To opt out of having information about you transferred or shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that this will not affect information that has already been shared with third parties.
- Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com. However, please note that under the law, Sites such as ours that permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing are not required to provide such information upon receiving a request, but rather may respond by notifying the user of his or her right to prevent the disclosure. To opt out of having information about you shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Us