The news you need to start your day.
Welcome to a new daily series at Shareblue Media, providing you with links to important news, interesting stories, useful information about actions of resistance, and a picture of President Barack Obama to remind you of what a real president looks like.
- South Koreans think Donald Trump is "nuts."
“They think they’re dealing with an unreasonable partner and complaining about it isn’t going to help — in fact, it might make it worse,” said David Straub, a former State Department official who dealt with both Koreas and recently published a book about anti-Americanism in South Korea.
“Opinion polls show South Koreans have one of the lowest rates of regard for Trump in the world and they don’t consider him to be a reasonable person,” Straub said. “In fact, they worry he’s kind of nuts, but they still want the alliance.”
- Despite Trump's attacks on Mexico, even in the midst of Hurricane Harvey, our neighbor to the south is sending aid to help hurricane victims. Crews are expected to start arriving in Houston early this week.
"There are a huge amount of people in trouble, and we have the crews to help," Carlos Sada, Mexico's Foreign Relations Ministry undersecretary to North America, said Sunday. "The consequences from the storm are brutal."
The aid includes all-terrain vehicles, satellite telephones, generators, mobile kitchens, water treatment supplies and pumps, he said.
- Indivisible is calling on people to contact their members of Congress and demand that they support S.1615 and H.R. 3591 — the DREAM Act — to protect undocumented immigrants who were brought to this country as children, whom Trump is threatening to deport. Check our Indivisible's guide to find out how you can help.
- Another charity, the Palm Beach Rehabilitation Center, canceled its annual luncheon at Trump's Mar-a-Lago, in response to his despicable defense of white supremacy.
“We’ve decided to move because we want to keep the focus of the event on our mission, which is to help adults with physical or mental challenges live the best lives possible,” the center’s CEO, David Lin, told the Palm Beach Daily News.
- Shareblue Media's executive director, Jess McIntosh, dropped some truth on MSNBC's "All In" with Chris Hayes.
- Here is your President Obama pic of the day: