Women who have publicly accused Trump of sexual misconduct will unite for the first time Monday to call for a congressional investigation into the allegations.

Donald Trump’s accusers will appear together for the first time Monday at a press conference to share details of their allegations and demand a congressional investigation of sexual misconduct by Trump, according to a press release issued Sunday evening.

The press conference, scheduled for 10:30 a.m. EST, will be hosted by Brave New Films, a documentary group that released a film in November telling the stories of the 16 women who have publicly accused Trump of sexual assault and harassment. A live stream of the press conference will be available on Brave New Films’ Facebook page.

“The women will share their firsthand accounts of President Trump groping, fondling, forcibly kissing, humiliating, and harassing women,” the press release says. “They are among the at least sixteen women who have come forward to accuse the president of sexual misconduct. Their disturbing allegations came to light before the post-Weinstein era of accountability and the rise of the #MeToo movement.”

Also on Monday morning, three of Trump’s accusers are scheduled to appear on NBC News’ “Megyn Kelly TODAY,” which airs at 9 a.m EST. The women— Jessica Leeds, Samantha Holvey, and Rachel Crooks — will share their stories on live television for the first time.

All of this occurs amid the backdrop of the #MeToo movement, which has empowered a growing number of women to speak out about their experiences of sexual assault and harassment. However, it has also raised questions about why Trump has not been held accountable even as other politicians and celebrities  have had to answer for their misdeeds.

Last year, 16 women came forward with accusations of sexual assault and harassment against Trump, and another accuser came forward just this week. The White House said in October that its official position is that all the women are lying, despite the fact that Trump was heard bragging about forcing himself on women in the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape.

During the campaign, Trump pledged to sue all of his accusers when the election was over. However, the only suit filed so far has been one of the accusers suing Trump for defamation.

Now, a lawsuit may the least of Trump’s worries. If his accusers’ demands are met, he might just find himself on the wrong end of a congressional investigation — another one, that is.


- Advertisement -